Monday, October 27, 2008

Roasted Sausage and Pear, Breaded shrimp and Salad

Fat: 84
Carb: 95
Fiber: 18
Protein: 87
Calories: 1455
Cost: $9.45
  • Roasted Sausage and Pears
    • 1 pear
    • 1 large sausage
    • some onion
    • $4.50
  • Breaded Shrimp
    • 12 large shrimp
    • $2.50
  • Fat spinach salad
    • 2cups Spinach
    • 30g Walnuts
    • 1/2 Avocado
    • 40g Craisins
    • $2.45
Wow, what a calorie bomb. I probably should have done without the salad today, but I had all the ingredients sitting around waiting to be finished off from the other day. I got the recipe for the roasted sausage and pears from Cooking with Amy, and glad I gave it a try. It was delicious, and my wife loved it too. I didn't know what soaking the pears in vinegar would do, but wow, it was perfect. Thank you Amy.

The only bad news is that after the last few days, I am going to have to hold back on the calories and come up with some light meal to keep the pounds from creeping up on me. I am also going to try to go a little cheaper the rest of this week. But I am not going to sacrifice taste, you will see.

No comments: